Monday, October 8, 2007

A Week Away


In exactly one week I will be drinking a glass of red wine on my plush cathay pacific aisle seat (#56K) eating my Indian Vegetarian Meal that I ordered over 5 months ago.

But how many books to pack? I really don't want to weigh myself down--I'll already be lugging my allocated two bottles of booze--but I hate not having adequate reading materials on a vacay.

Speaking of reading, I really want to read Mexico's ex-president Vicente Fox's new book Revolution of Hope.


Since Thursday I have been house/pre-teen-sitting for my little brother, Hunter. He was really worried that I was going to make him eat salad every day, and I don't want to our time together to be spent arguing over vegetables. He made a good point though, which was that potatoes are vegetables, so we've been gorging on mashed potatoes at pretty much every meal. So much for dieting before Thailand.

So, what's up with Columbus day? The bank and post office are closed, is that all? Hunter still had school--what a dumb holiday. I dropped him off at 8am and then after I got home I realized that maybe he would be the only kid there because I couldn't remember if schools were in session or not. I sat in mom's minivan for like 8 seconds, pondering whether I noticed any other little pre-teens skulking around the vicinity of the junior high when I dropped him off 10 minutes earlier. I assume there was because when I picked him up later, he didn't seem any more annoyed with me than he usually is. For example, this morning when I came downstairs to make breakfast I exclaimed, "brrr! it's cold in here." And he responded with "DUH, it's called 'morning'."

No comments: